Cleaning floors is an effective measure for maintaining hygiene. However, if you want to clean your floors properly, you must use a high-quality, safe, and efficient cleaning product. One such product is the Bona Floor cleaner. It is a cleaning product that can only be used to clean wooden floors.
If you are one of those who feel too lazy to clean floors, you should use Bona Floor cleaners. However, if you don’t know how to use them and why to use them or, in general, if you don’t have any damn idea about them, then you are at the right place. This is because, in this article, I’m going to provide you with a complete guide on how to use Bona Floor cleaner.
By reading my article, you’ll learn about their usages in cleaning different types of flooring. I also make an extra FAQ section, do check it out to clear any query you have regarding Bona floor cleaners.
So, let’s not waste any more time and get into the article:
How To Clean And Maintenance Different Wooden Floors With Bona:
Those who find the chores of sweeping and mopping too tiring should seek out Bona Floor Cleaner. This cleaner consists of an oxygenated formula that removes dirt from the floor. Moreover, it can easily loosen up rigid dirt buildup stuck on the floor.
However, there are different types and categories of wooden floors. If you want to use a floor cleaner on your wooden floor, you have to know the type of floor you have. This is because different types of floors require different cleaning methods.
Thus, to make things easier for you, I have divided the different types of the floor into three sections:
- Oiled surfaces
- Varnished or painted surfaces
- Regular-hardwood surfaces.
Henceforth Bona Floor cleaners can clean hardwood floors effectively without you having to waste your energy or give extra effort. I have discussed the cleaning methods and maintenance of different floors specifically and separately in the below parts to make things more convenient
Let’s see, one by one how to clean and maint different wooden floors with Bona:
1. Clean Oiled Wooden Floor Surfaces With Bona Floor Cleaner:
Follow these 3 below steps to clean oiled wooden floor surfaces with Bona Floor Cleaner:
- Firstly, you have to use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dirt from the surface of the floor.
- Then wipe the area with the Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad. It will help to clean the floor along with giving a polished touch.
- After a while, the cleaning pad will get dirty. Henceforth when your cleaning ad gets soiled, you will have to wash the pad with water properly. After you are done, rinse the pad with water, twist and squeeze it to remove the excess water. Then you can again continue cleaning the floor with it!
- Maintenance Of Oiled Wooden Floor Surfaces Using Bona Floor Cleaner:
If you do not clean your floors for a long time, they may begin appearing dry. Furthermore, dirt can quickly accumulate in the pores of the wood. Henceforth maintaining oily wooden floors is very necessary.
You would be surprised to know that you can maintain the floors by simply applying a coat of Bona Oil Refresher. Applying such as Refresher would help the wooden floor to resist water and dirt.
Additionally, you can maintain the following steps to maintain oiled wooden floor surfaces:
- Usually, clean the floor properly using Bona Oil Cleaner and a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad.
- Spray some Bona Oil Refresher on the Bona Microfiber Cleaning pad. Then slide pad along the floor surface.
- You can also spray some Spray Bona Oil Refresher directly onto the floor. Then distribute it using the pad. After that, you will have to let the Refresher dry for at least 2 hours and wait till it shows its magic.
2. Clean Wooden Varnished Or Painted Floor Surfaces With Bona Floor Cleaner:
These below 3 steps will help you to clean wooden varnished, painted, or hard waxed floor surfaces using Bona Floor Cleaner:
- On a dirty floor surface, spray some Bona Wood Floor Cleaner on it.
- Afterward, you have to gently slide the Bona Mop to spread the sprayed solvent.
- Well, after a while, the pad may get soiled as the dirt may get accumulated into it. You can give it a quick wash and wring before using it again.
- Maintenance Wooden Varnished, Or Painted Floor Surfaces Using Bona Floor Cleaner:
If you do not maintain your varnished/ hardwood floors, they may appear dull. You can follow the following steps to maintain your floors or remove the sign of wear from them:
- Vacuum the floor to remove every sort of dirt from the surface from time to time. You can do so by using Bona Wood Floor Cleaner and a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad.
- Sprinkle some Bona Wood Floor Refresher on the surface of the floor. You can apply it along with the Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad. Remember that you have to apply it on the whole floor at a time. Then wait a minimum 2 hours for all of it to dry up completely.
3. Clean Regular Hard-wood Floor Surfaces With Bona Floor Cleaner:
By following these steps you can easily clean the hardwood floor surfaces such as vinyl, marble, laminate, ceramic tiles, linoleum:
- On a dirty floor, you should apply some Bona Tile Cleaner over it.
- Then wipe the cleaner over the floor using a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad on the mop.
- After using, the pad may get soiled. You cannot clean the floor using a soiled pad. Henceforth, it would be best if you laundered the pad properly before using it again. Just rinse it in the water and then wring it all over to make it ready for reuse.
- Maintenance Of Regular Hard-wood Floor Surfaces Using Bona Floor Cleaner:
If the surface of the floor starts to appear scratched or weary, then these steps are for you:
- You can regularly clean your floor by applying some Bona Tile cleaner over it. Then wipe the cleaner over the floor using a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad.
- You can also sprinkle some Bona Tile and appliance it using a Bona Pad. You have to apply it over the entire floor. Then patiently wait for 2 hours until it completely dries up hours.
Does Bona Floor Cleaner Need To Be Rinsed?
Well, Bona’s Floor Care system has made it suitable for cleaning wooden floors. You do not have to rinse the cleaner. Instead, you have to spray it on the floor and wipe it using the Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad.
However, you might have to rinse the pad in water when it becomes soiled after usage. So, you do not need to rinse the cleaner. Instead, you have to rinse the pad when it gets soiled.
How Often Should You Use A Bona Floor Cleaner?
Once every 1-4 months, you must use a Bona Floor cleaner. However, you can use it anytime to give your floors the shiny and polished look they deserve. If you want to maintain your floors, you can use Hardwood Floor Polish as it protects the floor wear and provides a shine to it.
How Long Does It Take Bona Floor Cleaner To Dry?
It takes approximately 2 hours for Bona to dry your floor completely. Next, apply Bona Wood Floor Refresher or Polish with the Bona Applicator Pad. It will not take more than 2 hours for the solvent to dry up completely. Moreover, Bona does not leave any residue.
How Often Should You Clean Your Hardwood Floors With Bona?
Although it depends on the dirt exposure of your house. In general, it’s recommended polishing your floors every 3-4 months, and obviously with the Floor Polish.
How Long Does Bona Floor Polish Last?
The Bona Floor Polish can last as long as 2-4 months. However, you do not have to use Bona Floor Polish for more than 2 to 4 months. This is because this period is enough for the floor to get a refined and polished look.
Bona Floor Polish consists of a urethane-acrylic blend that makes your floor outlook even. Additionally, it can protect the floor against dirt, along with giving it a shiny look. The Bona Floor Polish can cover a surface area of 500 sq. ft.
Does Bona Floor Cleaner Leave A Shine?
Bona is a well-known product for being able to treat spots. It is also suitable for cleaning floors. The spray included in the product will help you to control the amount of product that falls on your floor, so that will determine if there will be a shine or not.
Does Bona Cleaner Leave A Residue?
No! Bona Cleaners do not leave any residue. There are many refreshers and cleaners in the market which make floors cloudy by leaving behind buildups. However, this is not the case with Bona products.
Bona products are very effective to maintain floors along with the environment. Henceforth bona cleaners do not leave any residue, nor do they give the floor a dull look.
How To Get Rid Of Bona Residue?
Even though Bona Floor Cleaners do not leave any residue, you can easily remove it if you find any trace of a leftover. You can do so by adding a cup of ammonia solution. First, dip the Bona mop into the ammonia solution and wring it on the whole.
Then gently rub the damp mop across the affected area in a circular pattern. Afterward, rinse your floor with water thoroughly to remove traces of ammonia residue on the floor. Finally, you can dry the area by patting it using a dry cloth or Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad.
Can You Use Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner On Engineered Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood professionals have recommended Bona as the #1 cleaning product. Henceforth, it is perfect for any hardwood flooring, including engineered, solid, pre-finished, site finished, cork, bamboo, and laminate. In addition, Bona is safe for all kinds of polyurethane floors.
This is because it does not leave any dulling residue and dries up fast. Moreover, Bona Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner is really an excellent choice for cleaning hardwood surface floors and other kinds of luxury vinyl flooring.
Is Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner A Disinfectant?
Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner is one type of disinfectant. This product contains a hydrogen peroxide cleaning solution. Henceforth, it can kill 99.9 percent of household germs. Moreover, Hardwood Floor cleaners have been designed for treating hardwood floors.
Additionally, Bona PowerPlus Antibacterial Hard-Surface Floor Cleaners can provide a shine while glow along with cleaning rigid debris without leaving a dull residue behind!
Does Bona Work?
Yes! Bona does work! Bona has been rated as a highly recommendable and effective product for cleaning wood. It cleans very well, along with leaving a shiny touch on the wooden surface of the floor. In addition, the cleaner wipes cleanly and does not leave any residue.
In this article, I have discussed explicitly how to use Bona floor cleaner to clean wooden floors. If you have found it helpful, share it with those friends you think should use Bona Floor Cleaners.
Don’t make excuses and get to work. No mixing or measuring. Just spray and clean your floors hassle-free with Bona Floor cleaners. I hope that you can stay clean with Bona floor cleaners.